Different types of dietary supplements sold in the market to bloom. The dietary supplement manufacturers compete to claim that their products are rich in vitamins, minerals, or certain substances that are very beneficial to the body. Savor the ‘sale’ of any variety, from lowering cholesterol, helps slimming the body, increase vitality, smooth skin, to delay aging.
But, do not consume food supplement only for the sake of prestige, or follow the trend. Consider well, whether you really need it (being pregnant, working hard, under stress, cigarette addict). Also consider purchasing power and the desired benefits. Here are the things you need to look at.
- Get used to read carefully any information contained on product packaging. Do not be anesthetized to consume something that is not really needed.
- Do not consume excessive dietary supplements. Some experts do not recommend the use of types of vitamins and minerals in the number of megadose (large doses), or greater than 100% of the recommended dietary allowance for RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowances) because it may cause unwanted side effects.
- In the packaging of food supplements listed a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. There are several terms meaning the same, such as ascorbic acid or ascorbic acid to vitamin C, vitamin E alphatocopherol to, calciferol for vitamin E, thiamine HCL for vitamins B1, B2 for riboflavine, nicotinamide to nicotinic acid or vitamin B3, or phantotenic phantotenol acid to Vitamin B5, pyridoxine HCL for vitamin B6, and cobalamin to vitamin B12.
- Note the nutrient content and the dose (% of RDA), the period expires, the rules of usage and registration of the MOH. It is better if it contained ‘Laboratory guarantee’ from the manufacturer.
- For people with allergies, choose a supplement that listed on the label: ‘Does not contain preservatives, coloring agents, or other additives’.
- Before choosing a supplement, you should consult a physician. Especially if you were undergoing treatment.