Pregnant women need more food than usual. In addition to her needs, pregnant women should eat for the fetus. In order to develop better fetus, pregnant mother’s diet must meet the nutritional needs of the following:
* Calories. Caloric intake should be increased 300-400 kcal per day during pregnancy. Additional calories should be derived from sources that vary according to the pattern of eating four of five perfectly healthy. Ideally, 55% of calories derived from tubers and rice carbohydrates, 35% of vegetable and animal fats, 10% of the protein and the rest of the vegetables and fruits.
* Folic Acid. In a few weeks before and after the beginning of pregnancy, embryo fetus requires a lot of folic acid for the formation of the nervous system and cells. An additional 400 micrograms of folic acid per day is required during the first trimester of pregnancy. Folic acid deficiency can result in the fetus are not fully developed so that was born with congenital abnormalities such as anenchephaly (without skulls), spina bifida (the spine is not concatenated) and cleft lip. Folic acid, also known as vitamin B9 found in a lot of brown rice, green vegetables and fruits.
* Protein. Aside from being a source of calories, protein is also required for the formation of cells and blood. Pregnant women need as much as 60 grams of protein per day (10 grams more than usual), which can be obtained from meat, fish, egg whites, beans and tofu.
* Calcium. Consumption of calcium 1000 mg / day is required to maintain the growth of bones and teeth, muscle contraction and nervous system.
* Vitamin A. Vitamin A is beneficial for the maintenance of skin, eye function and bone growth. However, consumption of vitamin A should not be excessive because it can interfere with the growth of the embryo.
* Iron. Much iron is needed for blood formation. Iron deficiency anemia will result in a dangerous for the mother and baby. Iron supplements may be needed starting the 20th week of pregnancy, especially when pregnant women show signs of anemia. Pregnant women need iron 30 mg / day or double the usual.
* Vitamin C. Vitamin C is beneficial facilitate the absorption of iron by the body, in addition to maintaining healthy teeth and gums.
* Vitamin D. Vitamin D useful for bone formation because it helps the absorption of calcium.
Incoming search terms:
- kinds of nutrition