There are different types of headaches with different levels. But one thing in common is the coming of a headache to make any form of activity to be disrupted. Headache is a symptom of a number of physical and mental imbalance. Most of us usually take anti-pain medication to ease it. In fact, there are actually alternatives to drugs that can help with headaches.
Some foods and liquids is believed to help expel the pain in the head. Here are eight of them:
1. Potatoes: Headaches that arise due to drunkenness, not only due to dehydration but also because of the loss of electrolytes such as potassium. Therefore, eating foods rich in potassium may help relieve headaches. Potatoes contain more potassium that is 100 grams, while the baked potato (with skin) contains up to 600 mg of potassium.
2. Bananas: Bananas are not only rich in potassium but also magnesium (bananas medium containing 10% of your daily intake recommendations). Magnesium can relieve your migraine and headaches due to stress. Numerous studies have linked between magnesium deficiency and migraine headaches. Research shows that about half of all migraine sufferers have ionized magnesium in the blood in small amounts.
Magnesium, which was conceived in bananas, protecting the body from headaches by relaxing the blood vessels. In addition, magnesium has a calming effect so it is useful to relieve tension headaches. Dried apricots, avocados, almonds, cashews, brown rice, nuts and seeds are other foods that are rich in magnesium.
3. Coffee: Caffeine in coffee is useful as it is dangerous for the victims of a headache. Caffeine is a substance common in prescription and free medicines for headaches because it can relieve pain and 40% more effective in treating headaches. Caffeine also helps the body absorb headache medications more quickly, making the drug more quickly to work. Caffeine can be a headache reliever that is very effective, especially migraines, but if taken too much can create headaches recur. Thus, it is recommended remedy drink coffee no more than 2 or 3 cups per day.
4. Cereal grains (whole grains): If you live a low carb diet, you will begin to drain the main source of energy for the brain, the glycogen reserves. It also makes the body lose fluids quickly, causing dehydration. Dehydration along with the reduction in energy to the brain can lead to headaches. If you eat foods that sound like a carb (whole grains such as wheat breads, wheat cereals, oatmeal, and fruit), not only can repel head pain but also improve your mood.
5. Watermelon: Dehydration is a common cause of headaches, then consider drinking more water and eat foods that are rich in water (like watermelon). Fruits are rich in water also contains essential minerals, like magnesium, which is key to preventing headaches. You can also try a sports drink that contains an electrolyte solution if you may get headaches after exercising for a long time since losing a lot of minerals in the body.
6. Fish: Fatty fish (like salmon, tuna, and mackerel) is useful as a remedy for migraine headaches because it is rich in essential fatty acids, omega-3. Omega-3 fatty acids can inhibit the inflammation that often trigger migraines. If you can not eat fish every day, not to worry. You can take fish oil supplements and adding foods such as flaxseed, walnuts, tofu, and soy beans for extra omega-3 in your diet.
7. Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in vitamin E and can help stabilize estrogen levels and prevent migraines during your period. In addition, sesame seeds are also rich in magnesium, which in turn will help prevent headaches. Other foods that contain high amounts of vitamin E, among others, nuts, olive oil, dandelion, wheat, and sweet potatoes.
8. Ginger: In addition to being a cure for nausea, ginger has anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine is also useful to combat headaches. Cook ginger or combine with other beverages such as tea.
Posts related to Foods to relieve headaches
Recent Search Terms
- wt are side effects of clean up
- does okro affect reproductive system
- benefits of tuna
- Preventing haggardness
- tuna fish benefits
- why is salmon popular
- how to keep the face clean fresh and bright through out the day
- some tips to increase power and stamina
- Health decayed or expired food
- side effects of face cleanup