Benefits of cycling
The results of cycling, especially the muscles will tighten the bottom like a calf, thigh and hip. Cycling can burn about 300 calories to 700 calories per hour. So, it will be useful for you who want to lose weight. In addition, cycling can increase lung volume by 50% so that oxygen can be accommodated more.
For obese people, cycling is a sport that is recommended for cycling are relatively safe compared to most sports that require running or jumping. Conflicts caused by running or jumping can cause injury to the legs, waist, back for those who are obese due to excess weight makes impact even harder. Cycling is also good for those who have heart disease.
One reason for cycling into a sport that is interesting is because cycling can be one way of relaxation. Enjoying the scenery in a relaxed and feel the wind gusts can be one means of recreation is refreshing. So you can physically fit plus the clarity of thought.
In order to gain the maximum benefit and avoid injury, several things must be considered, namely:
- Make sure the important parts of the bike such as brakes and tires in a safe condition so it will not interfere with travel or cause accidents.
- To avoid risk of injury, do a little warming, especially to stretch the muscles of the bottom such as waist, thighs and calves.
- When you start pedaling, do it first with a slow speed for 5-10 minutes as a way to warm up and adjust a bicycle.
- When riding a bike, get your pedal one full turn. The speed recommended for health is 27 km / h and rotation of the wheel 70 revolutions per minute (rpm)
- Finish cycling, do cool down with a bicycle pedaling slowly for about 10 minutes.
In addition to health, use of bicycles can also reduce air pollution caused by vehicular use. Traffic fumes can create a polluted environment. We recommend using a bike when you have to travel to a place that allows to reach by bicycle. In fact, there is also a community named “Bike to Work” using a bicycle to go to work every day.